Cash box of £1,000 stolen after small firework launched in newsagentsRead the full story ›
Detectives in Liverpool have released CCTV images of a man and a woman they want to speak to in connection with cash-in-transit robberies.
Constable Jo Sheedy said: “When a cash box has been forced open, this activates a dye and makes the cash worthless. We believe that there is a group of criminals who are trying to ‘clean up’ this cash by passing it through gaming machines in bookmakers in the Liverpool area." “We are keen to speak to these two individuals pictured as we believe they may have vital information that could help us with our enquiries, or urge anyone who thinks they may know who they are, to please contact police.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Merseyside Police on 0151 777 8603 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Detectives in Liverpool have released a picture of a blue Ford Focus which was used in a cash-in-transit robbery in the city.
The stolen car was used in the robbery on Monday morning outside the Toby Carvery pub on Queens Drive, when a man ran at a security guard and took the cash box he was carrying before getting into the car and driving off towards Walton.
The offender was seen running off towards the Bolan Street and Green Lane area of Stoneycroft at around 10.15 am and is described as being approximately 5 foot 8 inches tall and of slim build, wearing a balaclava and a blue Berghaus style jacket.
The car had earlier been stolen from a Tesco Superstore last Thursday.
Detective Sergeant Steve Lundon from Merseyside Police’s Matrix Serious Crime Unit said:
“This car will have been parked up somewhere since last Thursday evening."
“The vehicle registration begins with WD64. However, we believe it may have been on false plates during this period. I would like to appeal to anyone who thinks they may have seen it, or seen any suspicious activity to please contact the police.”
If anybody has any information is asked to call the Major Crime Unit Investigation hotline on 0800 230 0600 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
A gang who carried out a series of armed robberies across Greater Manchester have been sentenced to jail for more than 30 years.Read the full story ›
Four boys have been arrested after a man with learning difficulties was attacked and robbed in Hyde.
The 40-year-old man was confronted after getting off the number 330 bus from Bredbury to Hyde on Sunday 24th May at 11.30 in the evening.
The group of four to six boys followed him and attacked him from behind, hitting him on the head causing him to fall to the floor and kicking and punching him there.
They then grabbed his rucksack, containing an iPod, and ran off along Tower Street and left towards Dowson Road.
The man did not initially report the incident to police and went home. Several days later his family discovered him unwell at home and took him to hospital where he is being treated for a fractured skull and a bleed on the brain.
Four boys, one aged 13, two aged 14, and one aged 15 have been arrested on suspicion of robbery. They all remain in police custody for questioning.
Anyone with information should call police on 0161 856 9389 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 19-year-old man living in Rochdale was robed in his own home at around 8.20pm on Wednesday October 29.
The young man heard a bang and a window smash, when he opened the door, he came face to face with two men holding batons. They robed him of his money and left.
Police have now released CCTV footage of a man wanted in connection with the robbery.
The victim suffered a tragic accident meaning he now needs to use a wheelchair and crutches to support himself. We believe the men have deliberately targeted him because of this and have made threats to return. Understandably the victim has been left upset by the incident and feared for his safety.
Anyone with information should phone police on 0161 856 8549 or the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Staff and customers were herded into a stock room when machete-wielding robbers targeted a Co-op supermarket in Middleton.
Shortly before 9pm on October 10, two men, armed with machetes, entered the Co-op on Kenyon Lane and herded staff and customers into a rear stock room.
The offenders ran off along Willow Lane and threw two bottles of spirits at a member of the public who had given chase.
A number of innocent people were threatened and intimidated by these men - who were armed with machetes - and as a result have been left understandably traumatised. It is possible that these men live locally or at the very least discarded items from the robbery into peoples gardens.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 0161 856 8701, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Detectives in Oldham are trying to trace the victims of two robberies in Oldham.
Officers have viewed CCTV footage from the Hollinwood Metrolink station which shows the offender jumping onto the tram to steal two mobile phones.
The victims were sitting next to the open doors.
As part of the subsequent investigation a 19 year old man has been arrested on suspicion of robbery.
Police want to trace the two victims from the attack on Friday 17th January.
A thief robbed a bank in Bury after pressing a handwritten note claiming he had a gun against the cashier's window.
The man brazenly walked in the Co-Operative Bank at The Rock, Bury, at about 4.50pm on the 19 February 2014.
He approached the cashier's desk where he pulled out an A5 sized piece of paper on which was written the words 'GIVE ME YOUR MONEY. I HAVE A GUN.'
Fearing she would be attacked and harmed, the cashier gave the thief some money and he then walked off.
Inquiries have established he got into a nearby taxi and was dropped off in the Tweedale Street area of Rochdale.
Police have now released a CCTV still of the man who is described as being white, in his early 20s, of a pale and spotty complexion, a thin build, 6ft tall, with dark eyes and wearing a dark top.
Detective Sergeant Ian Partington said: "Although no weapon was physically seen, if you try and put yourselves in the shoes of the cashier, you can begin to imagine how frightened she must have been to see this note pressed against her window.
"Clearly the offender had planned what he was going to do and had written out a note with the sole intention of using the threat of a weapon to scare the woman into giving him money.
"That makes him both a desperate and potentially dangerous man, and we need to find him as soon as possible.
"We know this man got into a taxi and was driven to the Tweedale Street area in Rochdale, so I would appeal to people to look closely at this image. It may be this man lives either in the Bury or Rochdale areas and if you recognise this man, then please come forward."
A reward of up to £3,000 is being offered for information on callous thieves behind a robbery at a Salford nursing home.
Four men clad in balaclavas robbed the Pendleton Court Nursing Home on Monday whilst more than 50 residents, some of whom are frail and vulnerable were there.
The gang pulled up outside the home in a stolen VW Golf which was reported stolen. It is believed they used brute force to smash up the magnetic lock at the front of the home, and once inside they burst into the office and told three members of staff, all women, to get down on the floor.
One of the thieves then frogmarched one of the women into another room, and forced her to put cash and items of jewellery belonging to the residents into a bag.
All four men then fled and jumped into the VW Golf which sped off. It was later found abandoned and burnt out on Butte Street, Salford.