It's thought the theft of a bag worth about £300 happened around 9pm on Monday, 26 May, as the victim travelled home from London. PC Rick Melling said: “The victim left the train at Runcorn, having travelled from London, but realised, once on the platform, that she had left a bag on the train.
Work has started on the £1.75bn Mersey Gateway Project with an official 'ground-breaking' ceremony on the banks of the River Mersey.
In autumn 2017 a new six-lane toll bridge will open over the Mersey between the towns of Runcorn and Widnes - the aim being to relieve the congested and ageing Silver Jubilee Bridge.
There will be a £2 toll for both the new Mersey Gateway Bridge and the Silver Jubilee Bridge.
It's hoped the bridge will create 470 full-time jobs.
Halton Council leader Cllr Rob Polhill said: “It’s been decades of trying for a new bridge and we’re now making a start. We always knew this day would come and it’s a historic moment for us.”
Twenty people have been taken to hospital after coming into contact with ash at a waste plant in Runcorn.
At 1pm police received reports of an incident at Keppel Seghers in Runcorn.
Whilst carrying out work on the site a number of workmen have come into contact with a substance, which has caused irritation to the eyes and respiratory problems.
20 people were taken to Warrington Hospital in works vehicles where they are currently being assessed.
Police say it is an isolated incident, it was contained within the site and there are no wider risks to the public.
The Mersey Gateway Project to build a new six lane bridge over the Mersey between Runcorn and Widnes is among 40 schemes shortlisted for government-backed funding.
Cheshire Constabulary confirm a 2 year old child had left a Runcorn nursery and walked home alone arriving at around 1.50pm.
At this stage of the investigation it is believed the child escaped after workmen left a door open.
The child was unharmed and the local authority will investigate.
Emergency crews evacuated homes in Runcorn's Windmill Hill overnight, after a fire and suspected gas leak.
Firefighters were called out just after 2am. Police officers and gas officials then cleared the area.
No-one was injured. People have now been allowed back into the area.
An inquest has heard how a soldier from Runcorn took his own life following a traumatic call to his wife from Afghanistan. Signaller Ian Sartorius-Jones was just 21 when he was found with a single gunshot wound in the radio tower of a British Army base in Helmand province.
Our correspondent Andy Bonner reports:
The family of a soldier who took his own life have paid tribute at an inquest into his death.
"Ian was a loving husband, father, son and brother. He will be sadly missed by us all. He died while serving his country that he loved and was patriotic to the core. A true hero to us all. He will never be forgotten."
Signaller Ian Sartorius-Jones, 21, was found by colleagues at Forward Operating Base Khar Nikar in Helmand province in January. The coroner heard the he had been having marital problems in the months before his death and he has threatened to kill himself.
An inquest has ruled a Runcorn soldier took his own life while the balance of his own mind was disturbed.
Signaller Ian Sartorius-Jones, 21, was found by colleagues at Forward Operating Base Khar Nikar in Helmand province in January. The coroner heard the he had been having marital problems in the months before his death.
They has also heard he was worried about a missing piece of phone equipment which he feared he could be fined for. He was also annoyed he hadn't been promoted at the start of his tour of duty in September 2011.
Get the full story here.