"An event of this magnitude with so much on the line always carries the risk that a small number of people will not be able to control their emotions on the day. This however cannot ever excuse the scenes on Saturday afternoon perpetrated by a few.
"The vast majority of spectators were able to celebrate an incredible finale appropriately.
"The Salford Red Devils apologise unreservedly to all those affected by this unacceptable behaviour. Such behaviour has no place in our community or sport in general.
"We will work in the coming days with the RFL, the Police and Hull Kingston Rovers to identify and ban all those spectators responsible.
"The club will impose the toughest sanctions possible on those deemed to have behaved reprehensibly, regardless of which club they support."
Marwan Koukash has told Granada Reports he has no plans to sell Salford Red Devils.
He'd hinted recenty that he was ready to walk away if the club was relegated from Super League, something that could happen this coming weekend.
He's been speaking to our sports correspondent David Chisnall.
Rangi Chase's two-year stay at Salford officially ended on Tuesday when his contract was terminated.
The 29-year-old former England international missed the Red Devils' last four matches of the 2015 season after being suspended for apparently failing to report for training on time and going on sick leave.
Six weeks ago Salford owner Marwan Koukash announced he had granted Chase a free transfer after the player had asked for a move in June.
However, the club opened an investigation following his alleged disciplinary lapse and last week Chase attended a hearing, represented by the GMB union-backed Rugby League Players' Association.
A statement issued by Salford on Tuesday lunchtime said: "Following a disciplinary procedure, the club has decided to terminate the contract of Rangi Chase."
The announcement completes a startling fall from grace of one of Super League's most naturally-gifted players.
Chase moved from Castleford to Salford in September 2013 for a sum believed to be in the region of £115,000 on a four-year deal and was seen as the central plank of Koukash's plan to turn the Red Devils into a major force.
The New Zealand-born stand-off was named Super League's Man of Steel in 2011 and played for England in the 2013 World Cup, although he was dropped for the semi-final against the Kiwis.
But controversy continued to dog the player's career and he is now facing an uncertain future.
Chase had been expected to join Championship club Leigh, along with his former Salford team-mates Reni Maitua, Harrison Hansen and Cory Paterson, but the Centurions have salary-cap issues they need to resolve before they can register him.
The battle for a place in Super League begins with the launch of the Super 8s Qualifiers.
The competition sees the top four Championship clubs, led by Leigh Centurions, take on the bottom four Super League teams, including Widnes and Salford.
The coach of the Australian national rugby league team, Tim Sheens, has today been unveiled as Salford's new director of rugby.
There's still mystery surrounding the future of the club's Head Coach Iestyn Harris.
Any questions about him were off limits today but there was a hint towards unrest behind the scenes.
Stand-in coach Ian Watson saw Salford keep alive their slim Super League top eight hopes with a thrilling 18-14 victory against Catalans.Read the full story ›
Former Hull KR and London Broncos forward George Griffin has signed a two-year contract extension with Salford.
The 23-year-old back rower joined the Red Devils on a 12-month deal at the start of the season and has so far made nine appearances, two of them alongside his older brothers Josh and Darrell, after returning from a loan spell at Wakefield.
Salford coach Iestyn Harris said:
"We're delighted that George has extended his contract at the club. In his time here he's shown real potential as a first-team player and worked hard to cement his place in the squad. We'll hopefully see a lot more of him during his next two years at the club."
Centre Junior Sa'u and prop Carl Forster also signed new two-year contracts with the Red Devils earlier this week.
Former New Zealand full-back Kevin Locke has ended his time at Salford Red Devils.
The 26-year-old, who has not played for the Red Devils since May 1, has sent a letter of resignation to the Super League club.
Salford owner Marwan Koukash confirmed the club had received the letter but says he will not be responding publicly until he addresses a press conference at the AJ Bell Stadium on Tuesday.
"He has sent a resignation request to the club," Koukash confirmed to Press Association Sport. "We have not yet responded."
"I will be making a full statement, revealing our side of the story, on Tuesday."
Locke, who played for the Kiwis in the 2013 World Cup final at Old Trafford, was viewed as a marquee signing by Salford when he joined the Red Devils on a three-and-a-half-year deal from New Zealand Warriors almost a year ago.
But he's has endured a turbulent time at the club, playing in just 13 out of a possible 27 matches since making his debut at Huddersfield last July.
Injuries have played a factor but Koukash has made it clear in recent weeks that he was prepared to listen to offers for the player and Locke held talks with the Scottish Rugby Union about a potential switch of codes earlier in the year.
Richard Cramer, a Leeds-based sports lawyer who is acting for the player, said Locke handed in his resignation on Monday and that he has yet to receive a response from the club.
Cramer confirmed Locke's grievance is related to non-payment of wages and that he now regards himself as a free agent.
"Kevin is looking to move on in his career," Cramer said. "There are a number of issues involved."
Cramer is also representing Salford forward Tony Puletua, who is currently on loan at Hull KR after becoming involved in a dispute with the Red Devils, and he confirmed that a case is due to be presented to the Manchester Employment Tribunal in early October.
"We're in the middle of proceedings relating to unlawful deduction of wages," Cramer added.
Koukash has pledged to "reveal all" at the press conference he has arranged for next week when he has promised "fireworks".
"It is going to make next Tuesday's press conference very exciting and full of fireworks," Koukash tweeted.
Wigan fans may have to wait to see the Tomkins brothers play together in Super League after Logan opted for a second spell at Salford.Read the full story ›