Police are warning drivers to take extra care on the region's roads after more snow fell overnight, leading to a number of accidents.
Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.
A number of roads are closed:
- A537 Cat and Fiddle route closed due to snow between Bull-Hill-Lane (Macclesfield) and A54 (Buxton)
- A54 closed due to snow between the Rose and Crown (Allgreave) and A537 Cat and Fiddle Route
- A57 Snake Pass closed due to snow between Hurst Road (Glossop) and A6013 (Ladybower Reservoir)
- A6068 Barrowford Road closed due to snow and accident, five vehicles involved between M65 J13 (Nelson) and A671 Whalley Road (Padiham)
A number of road closures are in place after snow and icy conditions last night led to a number of crashes.
The following closures are currently in place:
- A640 Huddersfield Road between A640 and B6114
- A628 Woodhead Pass
- A57 Snake Pass
- A682 Manchester Road between Limey Lane and Turton Hollow Road
- A6024 Woodhead Road between A635 and A628
Snow and ice are affecting many this morning across the region.Read the full story ›
Police across the region are urging motorists to take care in the icy and snowy conditions, with several routes closed.
Greater Manchester Police have already warned on Twitter they are reprimanding those who disobey the road closures.
The Met Office have issued a yellow warning for ice and snow in the coming days for the North WestRead the full story ›
Snow and ice have caused travel disruption in parts of the region today.
New Hey Road (A640) has closed between Marsden Gate and the junction with Rochdale Road in Denshaw due to snow, with a number of vehicles reported to be stuck.
Highways England has said motorists can also expect delays of up to 90 mins on the M62 where weather conditions are continuing to be harsh.
The Met Office have released a yellow warning for heavy rain across Cumbria for Christmas Day, this warning then carries on into a snow and ice warning for the evening.
Another yellow warning for rain and snow has also been issued for parts of Cheshire on Boxing Day evening, carrying through to Wednesday 27th December.
- Full details for weather warnings in the North West can be seen here.
Snow falls mainly in south of the region allowing people to enjoy the best of what the weather has to offerRead the full story ›
The Isle of Man has been issued an Amber weather warning for tonight.Read the full story ›
Police on the Isle of Man are urging people not to travel unless absolutely necessary.
It comes after Storm Caroline hit the island in the early hours of this morning.
The west of the island was affected most with power cuts throughout Crosby, Baldwin and Mount Rule - energy has since been restored.
Numerous roads including the Mountain Road, Richmond Hill, and the main Castletown Road are all closed from the Cooil roundabout through to Mount Murray.
All schools are closed and Nobles Hospital outpatient clinics are shut with only emergency services available.
Police are urging people to check for updates on their Facebook page.