A pair of suspected thieves were arrested after they left a trail of footprints in the snow.Read the full story ›
- Hazardous driving conditions on A664 Albert Royds Street between A58 Halifax Road and Gorrels Way
- No direct service on Arriva Trains Wales between Manchester Piccadilly and Carmarthen, and between Manchester Piccadilly and Milford Haven due to safety checks.
- A537 Cat and Fiddle route closed
- A54 closed between the Rose and Crown and A537
- Hazardous driving conditions on M6 between J45 and J35
- Corney Fell Road closed between Corney and Duddon Bridge
- Hazardous driving on A66 between M6 and A685 / B6276
ISLE OF MAN
- All services are suspended on the busses
Liverpool John Lennon Airport has currently shut the runway due to the snowy conditions affecting parts of the North West.
Flights are being diverted.
People are being told to arrive as normal to check in for flights.
We advise passengers to talk directly to their airlines for the latest flight information
- M53 between J1 and J3: difficult driving conditions
- M65 between J1A and J14 A6068: hazardous driving conditions and slow traffic due to snow. Cars are using a single lane
- Hazardous driving conditions on B6232 between Holcombe Road and M65 J5
- Hazardous driving conditions due to snow on A56 around M65
- Hazardous driving conditions on M60 around J12 (Eccles Interchange)
- Hazardous driving conditions due to snow on A628 Woodhead Pass
Snow in the forecast and weather warnings in place. Find out why we may see some blizzards over the next few days and nightsRead the full story ›
An amber warning for snow has been issued for tomorrow for parts of the north westRead the full story ›
Snow disruption likely this week across north west EnglandRead the full story ›
Police are warning drivers to take extra care on the region's roads after more snow fell overnight, leading to a number of accidents.
Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.
A number of roads are closed:
- A537 Cat and Fiddle route closed due to snow between Bull-Hill-Lane (Macclesfield) and A54 (Buxton)
- A54 closed due to snow between the Rose and Crown (Allgreave) and A537 Cat and Fiddle Route
- A57 Snake Pass closed due to snow between Hurst Road (Glossop) and A6013 (Ladybower Reservoir)
- A6068 Barrowford Road closed due to snow and accident, five vehicles involved between M65 J13 (Nelson) and A671 Whalley Road (Padiham)
A number of road closures are in place after snow and icy conditions last night led to a number of crashes.
The following closures are currently in place:
- A640 Huddersfield Road between A640 and B6114
- A628 Woodhead Pass
- A57 Snake Pass
- A682 Manchester Road between Limey Lane and Turton Hollow Road
- A6024 Woodhead Road between A635 and A628
Snow and ice are affecting many this morning across the region.Read the full story ›