Service suspended on Northern Rail between Southport and Wigan Wallgate due to over running engineering works at Hoscar.
Manchester Piccadilly – Stoke this line is not expected to reopen this evening
Manchester Piccadilly – Crewe this line is not expected to reopen this evening
Manchester Piccadilly – Chester debris on the line
Manchester Piccadilly – Buxton tree on the line at Whaley Bridge
Manchester Piccadilly – Styal overhead line problems
Southport - Wigan - tree on line at Bescar Lane line not expected to reopen this evening
Lancaster - Carnfoth / Morecambe - line not expected to reopen this evening
British Transport Police are searching for a man over an 'indecent act' in front of a woman passenger on a train from Manchester Airport.
The 49-year-old woman was confronted by a man, late at night, as she travelled from the airport to Sheffield.
PC Matthew Peters, of British Transport Police, says: “When she turned around a man was performing an indecent act in front of her. The group alerted the train guard who removed the man from First Class and contacted police. Officers met the train at Sheffield but the man had already left."
Officers say they need to speak to the man seen in the CCTV images.
Northern Rail has said trains into and out of Manchester will continue to be disrupted after a charter train derailed yesterday.
The following services will be subject to delays and disruption this morning:
- Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Victoria services will start and terminate at Earlestown
- Southport to Manchester Airport services are diverting into Manchester Victoria
- Preston to Buxton/Hazel Grove services are cancelled until further notice
- Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Airport services are cancelled until further notice
- Kirkby to Manchester Victoria services will start and terminate at Wigan Wallgate
- Southport to Manchester Victoria services will start and terminate at Salford Crescent
These services will run normally, though may be busier than usual:
- Manchester Oxford Road to Liverpool Lime Street via Warrington
- Manchester Victoria to Blackpool
- Manchester Victoria to Wigan via Bolton
- Manchester Victoria to Clitheroe via Blackburn
Rail replacement bus services will run from Manchester Oxford Road to Salford Crescent and from Manchester Victoria to Earlestown.
Passengers are also being advised to check with National Rail Enquiries before they travel.
– Louise Ellman MP, House of Commons Transport Committee chairman
The Department for Transport has many serious questions to answer about what went wrong with the West Coast Main Line franchise competition and the wider ramifications for the other complex contractual negotiations it is involved in, such as the Thameslink rolling stock procurement.
I have written to the Secretary of State to find out more about the reviews he has ordered, the staff who have been suspended and the reporting lines to ministers ahead of the hearing we will hold on October 31.