Replacement buses in place on Merseyrail services due to electrical supply problems around the Wirral Loop Line between Hamilton Square and Liverpool James Street.
Buses are running between:
- Birkenhead Central and Liverpool Central
- Birkenhead North and Liverpool Central
- M60 blocked anticlockwise between junction 21 at Hollinwood and Junction 20 at Higher Blackley due to a police incident on a bridge over the carriageway.
- M60 blocked clockwise between junction 19 at Heaton Park and junction 20 at Higher Blackley .
- A664 Manchester New Road both ways closed due to police incident between Mossway and A6104 Victoria Avenue.
Rail services in Lancashire and Cumbria are disrupted due to engineering works not being finished in time.
- All lines are blocked between Preston and Oxenholme Lake District
- Coaches have been requested to replace services at Lancaster, Preston, Oxenholme Lake District, Penrith & Carlisle
- Tickets for services between Preston and Oxenholme Lake District are being accepted on Virgin Trains East Coast, Scot Rail and Cross Country, via any reasonable route
- Replacement bus services in place between Kendal, Windermere and Oxenholme
A campaign to reinstate a Lancashire village's bus route is being taken to the county council. The authority had said it couldn't afford to replace the service in Sabden. It's hoped local people can now work with the council to find a solution.
More flooding is expected across the region today following torrential downpours.
Flash floods are affecting the following roads in the North West:
- Parts of the A530 Middlewhich road in Cheshire is closed
- A5102 Bramhall Lane in Greater Manchester is closed
Flood alerts remain in place in Cheshire and Greater Manchester. United Utilities says it is trying to help everyone affected.
You can sign up for flood warnings on the Environment Agency's website and find the latest information on its Twitter account, @EnvAgencyNW. Alternatively, you can call the Flood Line on 0345 988 1188.
Replacement buses are running in place of Northern Rail services between Buxton and Hazel Grove in Stockport after a landslip at Middlewood station.
The line is not expected to reopen until Wednesday morning at the earliest.
The firm says it is working with Network Rail to return services to normal as soon as possible.
Mancunian Way is completely closed for two days before it fully reopens following repairs to a sinkhole that opened up last summer.
A5139 Dock Road Westbound closed between A5027 Gorsey Lane and A5088 Poulton Bridge Road, congestion to A554 Birkenhead Road.
Deansgate (A56) is closed both ways between Queen Street and Wood Street due to a police incident.
There are delays on the M6 southbound at J32 with the M55 - Broughton Interchange - after a vehicle fire.
M602 Eastbound lane closed on entry slip road due to accident at J1 M60 / M62 (Eccles Interchange).
Reports of M53 Southbound lane blocked on exit slip road due to accident, six vehicles involved at J5 A41 (Eastham).