Water company United Utilities is expected to be sentenced later after pleading guilty to supplying water unfit for human consumption.
700,000 people in Lancashire were affected by drinking water which contained the parasite cryptosporidium in August 2015. Those affected had to boil their tap water for three weeks.
United Utilities has pleaded guilty over supplying contaminated water to more than 700,000 homes in Lancashire.
For three weeks customers had to boil water or buy it in bottles after a parasite was found at a water treatment works.
It was a particular problem for care homes looking after elderly residents.
Today, at Preston Magistrates court, the company admitted its guilt.
- Watch Rob Smith's report:
United Utilities has pleaded guilty to supplying water that was unfit for human consumption to homes in Lancashire in 2015. The firm could face an unlimited fine.
Repairs are underway after a burst water main left 200 properties in Knutsford without water. United Utilities say efforts are being made to restore the supply and repair the burst. They hope to have the operation complete this afternoon.
Ian Tracey of Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service commenting after three people were rescued yesterday.
In one incident a 14-year-old girl suffered a spine injury after jumping into a weir.
Safe4Summer is a campaign aimed at keeping people of all ages safe from summer risk such as the dangers of water. Click here for more information on the Safe4Summer campgaign
Firefighters are pleading with children to stay out of lakes and rivers during the heatwave, after rescuing a 14-year-old who had injured her spine jumping into a weir.
The girl was pulled out of the water in Bury last night.
Station Manager Ian Tracey said: "With the scorching weather set to continue we ask parents out there 'where are your children on these hot days and nights?' and we continue to plead with people, of all ages, to stay out of open water no matter how tempting it may be."