Campaigners on Merseyside fighting to save an historic warship say they're not giving up, even though the vessel's on its way to the scrapyard.
It was on HMS Plymouth where the surrender document was signed at the end of the Falklands conflict.
She's spent the past decade at the docks in Birkenhead, whose owners say her condition has deteriorated so badly they've no choice but to dispose of the warship.
But the HMS Plymouth Trust hope a last-minute legal challenge could save her as Daniel Hewitt reports:
Doomed warship HMS Plymouth has left home, sailing the River Mersey, on its final journey to be scrapped in a foreign port.
The Royal Navy ship, where the Argentinians formally surrendered their garrison after invading South Georgia during the Falklands War, could not be saved, despite a 25-year long fight since it was decommissioned in 1988.
She sailed on the morning tide on the Mersey, leaving her berth for the open seas and is thought to be heading for a port in Turkey where she will be scrapped.
Campaigners had raised money to launch a legal action to have the ship "arrested" and prevent the ship leaving.
But Peel Ports, who own Vittoria Dock in Birkenhead where she has languished rusting and unloved for years, said they had no "practical choice" but to scrap the vessel.
Wirral bar owner Robbie Forbes has found himself locked in a legal battle with the owners of an American restaurant chain.
Robbie Forbes owns the 'Soft Rock Cafe' in Liscard.
He's had a letter from the owners of the Hard Rock Cafe chain, telling him he has to change the name.
But Robbie says there's no chance he's taking business away from the American giants.
Ralph Blunsom reports:
A bar owner from Wirral has found himself locked in a legal battle with the owners of an American restaurant chain.
The Soft Rock Cafe in Liscard has been going for two years and is a successful venue for live music in the area.
For the past two months it's been owned by former celebrity bodyguard Robbie Forbes.
Now Robbie finds he's having to protect the future of his bar after being told its name infringes copyright owned by the restaurant chain Hard Rock International.
They say the name is too similar to their Hard Rock Cafe's and they're demanding Robbie makes changes.
In a letter from the chain's solicitors, the company said: "The name Soft Rock Cafe Bar is extremely similar to Hard Rock Cafe, accordingly there's a likelihood of confusion on the part of the public."
There are currently four Hard Rock Cafe's in Britain, including one in Manchester.
The first one opened in London forty three years ago. It's now a huge chain operating in countries around the world.
It's legal representatives want the Soft Rock bar to remove its website and to remove its name from the Liscard premises.
A deadline was given by the Hard Rock lawyers for Robbie to make the changes.
He's now speaking to his own legal representatives and in the meantime he's hoping he can save the good if somewhat disputed name of his bar.
Employment Minister and Wirral West MP Esther McVey has defended her choice of dress for Tuesday's Cabinet reshuffle.
Some newspapers referred to the dress as "thigh-flashing" to which Ms McVey replied it was just a "summery dress".
Speaking to ITV News, she said:
"I suppose we're starting a conversation. You've got to look at the positive side. And if the positive side is that there are more women in cabinet and if there's more powerful women in the country, that's positive. So for me, it's the start of a conversation.
"However that conversation starts, and if it is with a bit of thigh on show, well so be it. The most important thing is that women can go on and achieve."
The R&A announced today that the total prize money for the 2014 Open Championship, at Royal Liverpool in Hoylake, will be £5,400,000 - an increase of £150,000 on last year.
The prize money for the winner of the competition will increase by £30,000 to £975,000.
The 143rd Open Championship will be played at Royal Liverpool from 13 July.
It's hoped the host region's economy will benefit by up to £100 million.
The Open is golf’s oldest Major, played since 1860.
The prize fund for the Top Ten:
Corporal Stewart McLaughlin was killed by rocket fire after leading a series of charges towards the Argentines in June 1982Read the full story ›
Celebrations will take place this weekend to mark 80 years of Birkenhead Library.
The library was opened in 1934 by King George V, replacing an earlier library in the town, which dated from 1856.
The Friends of Birkenhead Library are holding an event in the library on Saturday, July 5, at 2.15pm, with a special talk on the building of the Queensway Tunnel by Peter Bishop.
Cllr Chris Meaden, Wirral Council's Cabinet Member for Leisure, Sport and Culture said: "Birkenhead Library is an historic building which has been at the very centre of Birkenhead life for 80 years.
"Now more than ever it is a crucial part of what makes the town tick, and this will be a wonderful celebration."
Click here for more information.
Merseyside Police is appealing for information after the bodies of two men were found at a house in Bebington on Monday, 2 June.
Officers entered a property on Kennet Road following a report of concern for the safety of a man.
54-year-old Gary Patrick Ford and 47-year-old Dennis Cheatham were found inside a house on Kennet Road.
Post mortem examinations have been carried out on both men but Police are witholding the results pending the results of toxicology tests.
Detective Inspector Paul Parry, Wirral CID, said:
One of a number of lines of enquiry we are considering is that carbon monoxide gas may have been present in the property.
We believe Mr Ford bought a second-hand Flaviel Milano 50 Cooker made by Beko in the early part of this year and we are keen to trace the previous owner of that cooker or the person who sold it to him.
There is no suggestion whatsoever that the previous owners of the appliance have done anything wrong.
We simply need to speak to them to complete this part of our investigation.
The former golfing world number one Tiger Woods has increased speculation that he could be fit to take part in this summer's Open Championship at Royal Liverpool by stepping up his rehabilitation regime.
Woods missed the year's first two major championships after undergoing back surgery on March 31 and has not played since the WGC-Cadillac Championship earlier that month.
Speaking on May 19, Woods said his recovery was "slow and tedious" adding: "As of right now I can chip and putt but that's it."
But in response to a report that he had stepped up his practice regime, the 14-time major winner's agent Mark Steinberg told the PGA Tour's website: "Tiger is making continual progress.
"He feels better each day and (is able to) extend his swing as he moves forward."
The news increases the possibility that Woods could be back in action in time for the Open Championship from July 17-20 at Hoylake, where he won the last of his three Open titles in 2006.