Northern Rail say a number of services have been cancelled today due to a shortage of train drivers.
Affected services are:
- 05:19 Blackpool North to Leeds due 07:40
- 05:39 Blackpool North to Manchester Airport due 07:18
- 05:42 Manchester Airport to Preston due 06:54
- 05:45 Manchester Victoria to York due 08:06
- 06:00 Manchester Victoria to Liverpool Lime Street due 06:54
- 06:16 Crewe to Liverpool Lime Street due 08:26
- 06:21 Preston to Manchester Airport due 07:35
- 06:23 Manchester Victoria to Leeds due 07:56
- 06:47 Barrow-In-Furness to Preston due 08:06
- 07:00 Manchester Victoria to Kirkby due 08:08
- 07:15 Chester to Stockport due 08:39
- 07:28 Liverpool Lime Street to Crewe due 09:42
- 08:15 Kirkby to Manchester Victoria due 09:26
- 08:18 Leeds to Manchester Victoria due 09:43
- 09:48 Crewe to Manchester Piccadilly due 10:43
- 23:13 Blackpool North to Manchester Airport due 01:01
Tynwald Parliament on the Isle of Man has approved the Manx government's proposal to buy the Steam Packet Company.Read the full story ›
The Isle of Man Constabulary have revealed the 2018 TT Road Safety Campaign message for both visitors and residentsRead the full story ›
The Isle of Man Treasury will propose to buy the Steam Packet Company in a Tynwald Parliament sitting next week.Read the full story ›
Rail passengers in the North West face fresh disruption after more strikes were called in the long-running dispute over the role of guards on trains.
Members of the Rail, Maritime and Transport (RMT) union on Arriva Rail North will strike for 24 hours on May 9 and again on May 11, 14, 16 and 18 just on SWR.
The announcement was made at a protest in Westminster to mark the second anniversary of the dispute, which started on Southern Railway.
No fresh walkouts were announced on Merseyrail, where talks are being held to try to break the deadlocked row.
Hundreds of RMT members, disability campaigners and passengers joined the Westminster demonstration, which was followed by a lobby of MPs.
Strong winds have cancelled some ferry sailings to and from the Isle of Man today.
Based on the latest weather forecast the following Steam Packet sailings have been cancelled: Douglas – Heysham 17th April at 08:00hrs and Heysham – Douglas 17th April at 12:00hrs
Passengers have been advised to change bookings either online, or contact the reservations team on 01624 661661 or 08722 992 992 to make alternative arrangements.
People are being asked to leave extra time for their journeys after a lorry fire on the M6.
One lane is closed in the Southbound direction between J33 (Lancaster South / Garstang) and J32 M55 ( Broughton Interchange).
No one has been hurt.
There are calls to suspend the controversial Mersey Gateway Toll Charge. A transport watchdog says the charges may be illegal.
Appeals have been put on hold after it was ruled a motorist was not liable to pay the charge. Halton Council says it's business as usual and motorists should continue to pay.
Adam McClean has the story.
Motorists travelling to Liverpool are being urged to find alternative routes this morning as major gas main work gets underway on one of the main roads into the city.
Lanes will be restricted on Speke Road near the New Mersey Shopping Park for the next six weeks.
It's part of a £77.5m scheme to upgrade gas pipes across the region.
Talks are due to take place later aimed at ending the long running dispute over the role of guards on Merseyrail trains.
The RMT union has staged 16 walkouts over the last year, claiming driver- only trains will compromise safety.
The union is staging a series of protests across the North of England as part of its dispute with Arriva Rail North (Northern) over the same issue.
The rail operator says the driver-only system is safe and is already widely used on networks elsewhere in the country.