As police across the region pledge a crackdown on cannabis growers in the North West, forces have released a list of tell-tale signs that a farm may be in operation.
- Strange smells and sounds
- Frequent and varied visitors to a property, often at unusual times
- Gardening equipment being taken into a property, such as plant pots, fertiliser, fans or industrial lighting
- Windows are sealed and covered or the curtains are permanently closed
- Heat from an adjoining property
Merseyside Police made 11 arrests and seized nearly 1,200 cannabis plants on the first day of a month long crackdown on cannabis growing.
Police have promised to weed out cannabis farms after more than 5,000 were discovered in north-west England.