Three people have been arrested following the deaths of a man and woman in Sale.
A GMP statement said:
At about 4.35pm on Friday 6 July 2012, police were called to Clough Avenue, Sale following a concern for welfare of the occupants of the house.
Officers attended and forced entry.
The bodies of 68-year-old Bob Seddon and a 65-year-old Patricia Seddon, were discovered.
A Home Office post mortem revealed both had died from gunshot wounds.
A 26-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder.
A 55-year-old man and 36-year-old woman have been arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.
All three remain in police custody.
Stephen Seddon (31/08/1966) of Benevente Street, County Durham was charged with murder and attempted murder following the deaths of 68-year-old Bob Seddon and 65-year-old Patricia Seddon.
More top news
Schoolchildren from Lancashire have paid their own special tribute to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ahead of next month's royal wedding.
A mum whose children were killed in a suspected arson attack at their home last year has woken from a coma to be told of their deaths.
The parents of toddler at the centre of a life support battle will challenge a High Court ruling preventing them taking him to Italy.