Cheshire Police are advising motorists to avoid the following areas which are affected by flooding:
- Middlewich - areas around the Trent & Mersey canal
- Northwich - town centre around the Bull Ring
- Winsford - New Road
- Warrington - Higham Avenue and surrounding areas
- Bollington - Park Lane
- Dutton (Near Frodsham) - areas surrounding the Trent and Mersey Canal.
Drivers are being advised to only make journeys that are 'absolutely necessary'.
In a statement, the force added:
– Cheshire Police statement
"Due to continual heavy rain across the region overnight, parts of Cheshire have been subject to flooding and some of the counties roads have become impassable.
"There has been no requirement to evacuate any residents at this stage.
"Cheshire Police and other emergency services are working hard to ensure the safety of the local communities and road users, and urge motorists to only embark upon journeys that are absolutely necessary as driving conditions become increasingly difficult."