“Liquid nitrogen is a chemical used to chill and freeze food. It’s not toxic. The problem is the extreme cold temperature. It’s this that makes liquid nitrogen unsafe for people to drink and eat because the human body is not built to cope with such a cold internal temperature. The FSA is advising people to take care when drinking cocktails made with this substance.
“We will be making local enforcement officers aware of this practice and reminding businesses of their responsibility to make sure that any food or drink they are serving to the public is safe.”
More top news
A 16ft python that would have been "capable of attacking a person" has been found dead in a canal sparking a police investigation.
Icy on Tuesday night, early wintry showers turning increasingly to rain at lower levels. Pressure building midweek, temperatures rising
A man whose wife and son died at Furness General Hospital says he has never received an apology for failings which led to their deaths.