A Lancashire MP is calling for cocktails made with liquid nitrogen to be banned.
Morecambe and Lunesdale MP David Morris made the call after hearing of Gaby Scanlon's story.
Gaby, 18, had to have her stomach removed after drinking one of the cocktails at a bar in Lancaster.
“Fistly, my thoughts are with Gaby and her parents at this truly horrific time. I am incredibly angry that such a drink has seriously injured one of my constituents, that is one constituent too many.
“I would like to see these drinks banned from sale so we do not see anyone else’s son or daughter injured or even killed.
“Additionally, I think it is right to praise the staff at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary and the emergency services who saved Gaby’s life.”
More top news
A 77-year-old woman suffered a heart attack after a burglar pushed her to the floor and kicked her before he fled.
A dog has been left with severe burns after a heartless yob sprayed a chemical - thought to be acid - through a garden fence.
Police have released CCTV images of two men they would like to speak to in connection with a burglary in Stockport.