A 10-year-old boy suffered terrible injuries after an industrial firework blew up in his face in Salford.
The boy's mother, who has asked not to be named, has shared a photograph of him in hospital to try to stop other children being injured.
More top news
The forecast for this week
Criticism has been voiced at the plans for the creation of a traveller site, but a charity representing travellers has defended the council.
As Entertainment Corespondent I've been lucky enough to interview Cilla many times. I found her a charming lady, says Caroline Whitmore.