Residents close to a suspected chemical leak at Trafford Park are warned to stay indoors and close their windows. The chemical is thought to be hydrochloric acid. Emergency crews are working to isolate the leak at an industrial unit on Tenax Road.
More top news
A family is thrilled after they rescued a pet hamster trapped down a pipe for three days - by making a tiny ladder.
Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling has revealed the magical sport of Quidditch was invented in Manchester.
Hungry seagulls tempted by McDonalds caused damage to Manchester Victoria station's roof that injured two passengers.