Twelve dogs including eight puppies have died after a fire broke out on a farm in Birch, Rochdale.
Crews were called in the early hours of the morning to put out the flames but couldn't save the Alsatians. Fire officers think a heater used to keep them warm was the cause.
They were breeding them in the barn and they were all young dogs so it was a real shame.
"They had a portable infrared heater keeping them warm and it looks like that was the cause."
"Electric heaters can be a fire hazard so never leave them unattended, stand them where they could be knocked over or sit too close to them.
"Make sure heaters are always guarded and never try to move a portable heater while it is alight or switched on."
More top news
A judge has ruled that terminally ill Alfie Evans may be allowed home, but will not be allowed to go to Rome for further treatment.
A judge hearing the case of Alfie Evans has asked doctors if "other options" are possible to allow his family to take him home.
A 64-year-old paperboy who deliberately set fire to his employers' house in a bid for revenge after his benefits were cut has been jailed.