The Treasury has produced a map which shows how some of the measures in the Autumn Statement will affect each area of the country, here is the breakdown for the North West:
- 27,000 people to be lifted out of income tax and 2.6 million to pay less income tax as a result of Personal allowance reforms.
- Cancelling the planned rise in fuel duty in January wil reduce running costs for the 3.6 million motor vehicles in the North West, saving a typical motorist £40 a year.
- £181m to build more than 9,400 new homes for affordable rent.
- £49m to return over 3,000 empty homes to use.
- £34m investment in partnership between University of Liverpool and Unilever.
- £38m to develop the Manchester Cancer Research Centre
- Salford to be in the second wave of super-connected cities.
- Government will provide a grant for councils that freeze council tax in 2013-14.
- Business support measures will benefit 431,000 small and medium enterprises in the North West.
See the map in full here.