The Treasury has produced a map which shows how some of the measures in the Autumn Statement will affect each area of the country, here is the breakdown for the North West:
- 27,000 people to be lifted out of income tax and 2.6 million to pay less income tax as a result of Personal allowance reforms.
- Cancelling the planned rise in fuel duty in January wil reduce running costs for the 3.6 million motor vehicles in the North West, saving a typical motorist £40 a year.
- £181m to build more than 9,400 new homes for affordable rent.
- £49m to return over 3,000 empty homes to use.
- £34m investment in partnership between University of Liverpool and Unilever.
- £38m to develop the Manchester Cancer Research Centre
- Salford to be in the second wave of super-connected cities.
- Government will provide a grant for councils that freeze council tax in 2013-14.
- Business support measures will benefit 431,000 small and medium enterprises in the North West.
See the map in full here.
More top news
Cloudier skies, milder air, spells of rain and stronger winds. A milder but more unsettled story over the coming days
Two men had entered the pub wearing balaclavas, carrying a machete and a shot gun.
A wet night ahead but temperatures recovering. Kerrie has the detail.....