Northern Rail has said trains into and out of Manchester will continue to be disrupted after a charter train derailed yesterday.
The following services will be subject to delays and disruption this morning:
- Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Victoria services will start and terminate at Earlestown
- Southport to Manchester Airport services are diverting into Manchester Victoria
- Preston to Buxton/Hazel Grove services are cancelled until further notice
- Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Airport services are cancelled until further notice
- Kirkby to Manchester Victoria services will start and terminate at Wigan Wallgate
- Southport to Manchester Victoria services will start and terminate at Salford Crescent
These services will run normally, though may be busier than usual:
- Manchester Oxford Road to Liverpool Lime Street via Warrington
- Manchester Victoria to Blackpool
- Manchester Victoria to Wigan via Bolton
- Manchester Victoria to Clitheroe via Blackburn
Rail replacement bus services will run from Manchester Oxford Road to Salford Crescent and from Manchester Victoria to Earlestown.
Passengers are also being advised to check with National Rail Enquiries before they travel.
More top news
Sunny spells. Heavy showers and feeling cool. But will it get any better? Here's Kerrie with the detail....
Manchester United has announced the signing of Swedish international striker Zlatan Ibrahimović.
A young man who had dreams of settling down and starting a family died after stabbing himself in the heart, an inquest heard.