Broadcaster Stuart Hall, who is fighting historic sex offence allegations, has said he might have considered taking his own life had it not been for the support of his family.
Speaking outside Preston Magistrates Court, he described the accusations as "spurious" and vowed to clear his name and restore his reputation.
Earlier, the 83 year old made his first appearance in court charged with one count of rape and 14 offences of indecent assault.
He was charged last month with the alleged rape of a 22-year-old woman in 1976 and 14 offences of indecent assault against 10 girls aged between nine and 16, which allegedly took place between 1967 and 1986. District Judge Peter Ward bailed Hall to appear at Preston Crown Court on March 1.
More top news
Former Police Inspector Harry White told the inquests that he was told that fans entering the terraces should "find their own level."
The murder of a woman who was stabbed to death by her ex husband in Southport could have been prevented by police, a watchdog has found.
TV chef Tom Kerridge is the headline act at the Liverpool Food and Drink Festival, which starts on Friday.