People in Rochdale were told to stay indoors this morning while emergency services tackled a fire at a former asbestos factory.
The blaze started at the former Turner and Newall site on Rooley Moor Road at around 3am this morning. Roads around the site have been closed and an investigation is now underway.
More top news
The Betfred Super League fixture between Wigan Warriors and Widnes Vikings scheduled for this Friday (February 24) has been postponed.
Around 800 properties in the North West remain without electricity, as engineers from Electricity North West work to restore power.
Wayne Rooney has announced he is staying at Manchester United in a statement released on Thursday.