Nearly one in five gas appliances North West homes are unsafe.
The Gas Safety Register has inspected more than 16 hundred properties since October.
They've found more than 17% had potentially dangerous equipment, that could have resulted in explosions, fires or carbon monoxide poisoning.
More top news
A lucky road worker who scooped £1 million on a £5 lottery scratchcard has promised to go back to work - but this time without the overtime.
A 50-year-old man has been arrested after he was seen wearing a T-shirt in a pub that mocked the victims of the Hillsborough disaster.
Spots of rain reaching the region on Tuesday evening with some showers on Wednesday. High pressure building from Thursday