Five members of a gang from Lancashire have been sentenced over a sham marriage scam.
They were convicted of committing an act of deception to facilitate non-EU nationals to remain or enter the UK.
The charges relate to three sham marriages, which took place between October 2008 and October 2010 at Blackburn Registry Office and the Whitehall Country Club in Darwen.
The gang members and their sentences are:
- Amanda Nolan, 28, of Windsor Road, Blackburn; 44 weeks suspended for 2 years
- Jason Proctor, 40, of Princes Street, Blackburn; jailed for 10 months
- Kevin Donnelly, 34, of Thwaites Road, Oswaldtwistle; jailed for 10 months
- Denny Wallace, 22, of Preston New Road, Blackburn; 36 weeks suspended
- Gemma Nelson, 28, of Whalley New Road, Blackburn; 36 weeks suspended