Police are waiting for the results of toxicology tests after two people died in Bolton. The bodies of a 30-year-old man and 21-year-old woman were found in separate houses. It is believed both may have taken amphetamine, alcohol and a synthetic powder stimulant known as ‘Bubble’.
From what we have been told, we believe a party of five people had gone out in Bolton town centre before returning home. During the night, we believe they may have taken a cocktail of alcohol, amphetamine and a synthetic powder mix called ‘Bubble’. “The group complained of feeling unwell and sadly two of the party, a 21-year-old woman and 30-year-old man, were found dead. While we know that both had taken drugs and alcohol, we cannot say this is the reason both have died until we get the results of toxicology tests or whether the drugs were contaminated.
While we believe the two deaths are linked, we do not believe they are linked with other deaths in the Greater Manchester area or rest of the country.
"I would always advise people not to take drugs as they do not come with a quality assurance stamp on them and you do not know what they contain. It is clear that the group had gone out to enjoy themselves however, the night out has ended in tragedy and two families have been left to deal with the devastating deaths of their loved ones.
"If anyone has recently taken drugs and feels ill, go to hospital for a check up as soon as possible.”
More top news
Boxer Amir Khan awarded a Doctor of Letters by Manchester Metropolitan University for his sporting success and charity work.
A charter plane reportedly carrying Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany skidded off a runway, air investigators have blamed pilot error
Burnley Football Club can confirm that a supporter has been given an indefinite club ban following an incident of racial abuse.