Toxicology tests have shown that 16 year old Ellie Jones had the amphetamine PMA in her system when she died last weekend. In al there have been four deaths across Cheshire linked to the drug this year.
– Superintendent Martin Cleworth, Cheshire Police
"Ellie’s death last weekend shocked everyone and now we have the initial toxicology results back indicating she had taken PMA. We have a duty to warn people about the potentially fatal consequences taking this drug can have and would urge people to obtain urgent medical assistance on behalf of anyone suspected to have taken PMA who suffers difficulty breathing, muscle spasms, nausea or starts to vomit...we are working together with our partners in health, colleges,schools and drug agencies to get warnings out to as many people as possible."
– Cathy Fitzgerald, Warrington’s Drug and Alcohol Action Team
"Drugs have a big effect on people’s health and wellbeing and so we would strongly advise not to take any illegal drugs or "legal highs", as they all come with great risk.