Knowsley Safari Park have released a series of steps that you can take to day-to-day to help protect elephants in the wild.
- Don’t buy ivory. If you buy, elephants die.
- Think before you buy anything that could be made from or contain body parts of endangered species like certain alternative traditional medicines
- Ask where products come from and if they've been produced sustainably
- Support wildlife conservation programmes
- Spread the word - tell your friends and family about elephants and how important it is to help protect them
- Report any suspicious activity concerning the buying and selling of wildlife products to your local police.
Knowsley Safari Park is creating the country's first elephant time capsule to raise awareness of the plight of world's largest land mammal.
The government's launched a new campaign at Knowsley Safari Park to help save elephants from being poached in the wild.