Knowsley Safari Park have released a series of steps that you can take to day-to-day to help protect elephants in the wild.
- Don’t buy ivory. If you buy, elephants die.
- Think before you buy anything that could be made from or contain body parts of endangered species like certain alternative traditional medicines
- Ask where products come from and if they've been produced sustainably
- Support wildlife conservation programmes
- Spread the word - tell your friends and family about elephants and how important it is to help protect them
- Report any suspicious activity concerning the buying and selling of wildlife products to your local police.