Manchester United have made a second bid for Barcelona and Spain midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
United confirmed last Monday that they had made a first offer for the former Arsenal star, and manager David Moyes said at a press conference in Yokohama today that a second offer had been lodged.
Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward returned to the UK ahead of schedule last Wednesday to carry out some urgent transfer business, and Moyes confirmed today: "As I understand it, Ed had a response (to the first offer). We have made a second offer but Ed is dealing with it rather than me."
More top news
The Beatle made several stops during his trip through Liverpool with James Corden and shocked many Scousers along the way.
Tributes have been paid to former Manchester City goalkeeper Ron Healey, who has died aged 65 after collapsing on a cycle ride.
The company offered a Brexit risk-assessment said no deal from the EU would 'force Airbus to reconsider its investments in the UK'.