A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
Charity Shelter release photos of North West slums in attempt to identify some of the people in them to celebrate its 50th anniversay
Thousands of junior doctors across England are going on strike after last-ditch talks failed to reach an agreement.
Coronation Street star Paula Lane is leaving the show after six years playing troubled Kylie Platt.