A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
Frosty tonight before turning cloudy, damp and breezy on Wednesday. Kerrie has the detail for the next few days....
Tameside Council says the building is unstable and extremely dangerous
Jesus Medina had shown ‘exemplary character’ and ‘genuine remorse’ - when others would simply have rode away, a judge said.