A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
Martin Murray will continue his quest to claim a world title the hard way when he faces Germany's Arthur Abraham in Hannover next month.
Germany's national coach Joachim Low says Jurgen Klopp would be a 'great addition' to Liverpool.
Police are investigating the death of a two-month old baby in Blackpool.