A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
Former Rugby League player Tony Barrow has been diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumour.
Alton Towers rollercoaster crash victim Vicky Balch has posted an 'inspired' first picture since losing her right leg.
The chimps and elephants at Chester Zoo have been enjoying the heatwave with ice lollies and refreshing baths.