A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
BMX racing fans enjoyed the thrills and spills when hundreds of riders hit the track in Manchester’s Platt Fields Park.
Naomi and Graeme Bentham hope the soap's focus on neuroblastoma will raise awareness of the 'evil disease' and boost funding for research.
Could be worse this Bank Holiday! Fine start on Sunday, hazy sun later. Cloudy start Monday, rain later. Winds easing