A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
Gusts up to 80 mph and snowfall for many overnight Wednesday into Thursday
Police officers survived the wreckage of their car being rammed by car thieves as they were about to make an arrest.
A strategy to revolutionise the North of England's transport links over the next 30 years has been unveiled.