A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
Police release dramatic CCTV of the moment two men disappeared down the side of a house, before reappearing just as an explosion occurred.
The rogue surgeon was previously convicted of deliberately wounding his patients and carrying out needless operations.
Wet and windy spell on Wednesday replaced by breezy and showery conditions for the rest of the week