A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
Two people arrested over the "unexplained" death of a newborn baby in Lancashire have been released by police.
Patrick Bamford is close to sealing his return back to Middlesbrough FC.
A rescue dog is being hailed as a real life "Lassie" after saving the life of a toddler in Macclesfield.