A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
A "monster" who bludgeoned his former girlfriend and her mother to death with a hammer has been jailed for at least 29-and-a-half years.
Karen Danczuk appeared on ITV's Loose Women as part of their 'It's never too late to tell' campaign.
Top footballers star in an Football Association campaign aimed at helping to ensure every child feels safe playing football.