A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
The end of 2014 looks like being cold and frosty with some freezing fog. Sunday night may also be the coldest night of the calendar year!
Freezing fog, frost and icy stretches are forecast for parts of the Granada region - here's how to navigate the roads safely
Dry with some winter sunshine, but feeling cold