A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
Amazing views from Old Pale Hill and boasting the largest wooded area in Cheshire, it was a beautiful Autumn day at Delamere Forest.
Pathology evidence has continued at the resumed inquests into those who died at Hillsborough.
Everton manager Roberto Martinez welcomes his selection headache ahead of his side's Premier League game at Bournemouth.