A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
Jeremy Corbyn addressed allegations of bullying within the Labour Party as he launched his campaign to remain as leader in Salford.
Turning wetter and fresher on Sunday
Humid, dry and warm start to the weekend, but turning fresher and wetter on Sunday afternoon