A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
The double gold medallist has battled brain injury to qualify for the Paralympic Games. She now hopes to secure four cycling golds at Rio.
Dry overnight with clear spells. Slow decline during Thursday. Kerrie has the detail......
Vets are calling for more pet owners to register their dogs to donate blood. There is an acute shortage of type negative blood.