A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
Sunny spells. Heavy showers and feeling cool. But will it get any better? Here's Kerrie with the detail....
Manchester United has announced the signing of Swedish international striker Zlatan Ibrahimović.
A young man who had dreams of settling down and starting a family died after stabbing himself in the heart, an inquest heard.