A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
Heavy thundery showers south continue to threaten from the south overnight. Muggy. Improving quickly on Monday with more very warm sunshine
A colony of bees has set up home in one of Manchester’s Trees of Hope, a poignant symbol following the anniversary of the Arena bombing.
A few thunderstorms developing from the south later, otherwise dry and very warm.