A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
A retired officer from South Yorkshire police says he doesn't accept inquest verdicts.
We lose the wintry threat over the next few days but a mixed weekend. Saturday looks like the best day. Kerrie has the detail......
The Liverpool band The Christians record a new song for the Hillsborough families. Big Red Sky is from their new album WE.