A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
A 71-year-old woman was jailed for 12 years for the historic sexual abuse of two young girls.
Britain's Got Talent said she is "shocked and surprised" to her revelation that she used a stunt double dog for her winning sketch.
England rugby star Danny Cipriani has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving following a car crash.