A campaign to reduce the number of teenage girls using sunbeds in Liverpool is being launched. Liverpool City Council have published these statistics about sunbed use:
- 50% of girls in Liverpool aged 15-17 have used a sunbed before
- The national average in the 15-17 age range is 11%
- 40% of sunbed users aged 11-17 in Liverpool use them at least once a week
- Teenage girls and their mothers in Liverpool felt using the sunbed 2-3 times a week between 3-6 minutes was 'normal' and 'safe'
- The average age girls start using the sunbed in Liverpool is between 13-14
More top news
Greater Manchester Police has issued CCTV images of Salman Abedi in the hours before he staged a bomb attack in Manchester
Runners and spectators were out with a message of defiance and solidarity in Manchester city centre on Sunday for the Great Manchester Run
Heavy and thundery downpours possible overnight and Monday. Feeling humid again. Kerrie has the latest.......