A man's been admitted to hospital after it is suspected he swallowed a quantity of drugs at a music venue in Trafford.
It happened at the Warehouse Project, Trafford. In a separate incident a 30 year old man died after collapsing there early yesterday. Five others were taken ill.
In the latest incident the man was seen by security staff shortly before midnight.
He was detained and taken to a security cabin where they called the police.
Officers were called to the venue where they arrested a 25-year-old man for possession of class A drugs.
Police say it is suspected that he swallowed a quantity of drugs that had been in his possession.
He was taken to Salford Royal Hospital where his condition was initially described as critical and he is still undergoing treatment.
“The main point to get across is you do not know what is in the drugs you are taking and the potential effects they can have.
“A number of other people had to receive treatment last night after taking drugs at the venue, both from the onsite medical team and at local hospitals.
“At this stage in the investigation we do not know what this man has consumed but this will form part of our enquiries.
“We will be speaking to the venue’s management to review the security at the premises but ultimately individuals need to recognise the risks they are taking when they use drugs."
More top news
A 16ft python that would have been "capable of attacking a person" has been found dead in a canal sparking a police investigation.
Icy on Tuesday night, early wintry showers turning increasingly to rain at lower levels. Pressure building midweek, temperatures rising
A man whose wife and son died at Furness General Hospital says he has never received an apology for failings which led to their deaths.