The Care Quality Commission have published a list revealing the highest risk hospitals. Six of the North West's hospitals are in the top two bands of risk.
- Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
More top news
Manchester United are yet to make a decision on Radamel Falcao's future despite reports to the contrary.
Two men from Stockport are facing trial in Abu Dhabi after being arrested in the United Arab Emirates.
Under-fire Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini wants to be judged at the end of the season.