The Care Quality Commission have published a list revealing the highest risk hospitals. Six of the North West's hospitals are in the top two bands of risk.
- Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
More top news
Burnley manager Sean Dyche has confirmed he is in talks with Joey Barton about bringing the free-agent midfielder to Turf Moor.
David Beckham and Sir Alex Ferguson joined mourners today at the funeral of Neville Neville, the father of ex-footballers Gary and Phil.
The 52-year-old contacted the dead soldier's family and claimed the murder was a conspiracy.