The Care Quality Commission have published a list revealing the highest risk hospitals. Six of the North West's hospitals are in the top two bands of risk.
- Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
More top news
Heavy showers Friday will ease to leave a mainly dry and very warm Bank Holiday weekend
Lee Clayton was caught as he tried to deal class A substances to an undercover security officer at the music festival in July last year.
Timeline: The death of four children was the culmination of a series of tit-for-tat attacks during a "petty" feud over three weeks.