The Care Quality Commission have published a list revealing the highest risk hospitals. Six of the North West's hospitals are in the top two bands of risk.
- Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
More top news
Five officers involved in the death of a Manchester man who died after he was hit by a Taser will not be appealing a decision to name them.
County councillors have agreed to delay a decision on proposals for two new fracking sites in Lancashire.
Sale Sharks' Mark Cueto has announced he will retire from playing at the end of the current season.