The Care Quality Commission have published a list revealing the highest risk hospitals. Six of the North West's hospitals are in the top two bands of risk.
- Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
More top news
Greater Manchester Police said "inquiries are ongoing to fully understand the circumstances of the incident."
Business Secretary Greg Clark said talks with Peugeot's boss over a potential Vauxhall takeover were both "constructive and reassuring".
He served in Margaret Thatcher's Cabinet as Home Secretary in 1989 and was also a former Governor of Bermuda.