Alder Hey Children's Hospital is warning parents on Merseyside to be aware of the risks of leaving hair straighteners around children.
The Electrical Safety Council says the number of children suffering burns from straighteners has doubled in recent years, with injuries from hair straighteners now accounting for nearly one in 10 burns injuries.
More top news
Could be worse this Bank Holiday! Fine start on Sunday, hazy sun later. Cloudy start Monday, rain later. Winds easing
The north of England certainly sees the best of the Bank Holiday weather, lots of dry conditions, but still the risk of showers at times
A woman was told she had breast cancer, just months after a scan at a Lancashire hospital had given her the all clear.