In a statement tonight Lancashire police said, "At 11.44pm on Tuesday 4 March, police were called by the ambulance service to an address on Jameson Street in Blackpool where Sophie Jones had been taken ill.The two year old was taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital but sadly died".
"Toxicology tests confirmed Sophie had ingested methadone, however the cause of her death has still not been ascertained".
More top news
Former Liverpool and Newcastle defender Jose Enrique has revealed he has had surgery to remove a rare brain tumour and is now in recovery.
The mother-of-two said she was told by RSPCA investigators they were looking at the possibility that poison-laced sausages were involved.
The Beatle made several stops during his trip through Liverpool with James Corden and shocked many Scousers along the way.