A housing association in Salford, has teamed up with charity Millie's Trust to deliver free first aid training sessions. Children aged eight to sixteen, along with their parents, will learn vital techniques, including treating burns and cuts and performing life-saving CPR.
Millie's trust was set up by parents Joanne and Dan Thompson. Their baby daughter Millie died after choking on food at a nursery in Cheadle Hulme in October 2012. They work with various organisations stressing the importance of first aid as a potential life saver.
One young mum, Charlotte Lovely, told Granada Reports recently how she saved her son Oscar's life after watching a report about Millie's trust here on this website.
More top news
An orangutan at Blackpool Zoo is breathing easily again after successful double surgery carried out by human and animal surgeons.
Definitely some sunny spells around for Thursday & Friday - but a strong and cool westerly wind with scattered, potentially heavy showers
Smartphones, tablets and laptops help young people learn, and keep in touch with family, but they could be a bully's means to cause harm.