Advertisement

Fire service warn of candles danger

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service is warning people not to leave lit candles following two callouts on Saturday.

The Service is warning people celebrating the Jewish festival of Hanukkah about safety after two fires were caused by unattended candles.

During the eight-day religious festival, which began on December 12, candles in the menorah candle-holder are lit

Images released of fire damage caused by unattended candles Credit: MEN Media

Candle safety alert. Don't leave them unattended - particularly if you're celebrating Hanukkah this weekend. Our crews have attended two fires today caused by unattended menorah candles.

– Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service
Firefighters have warned of the dangers Credit: MEN Media