Live updates

Police appeal for possible victims of sex offender to come forward

David Dutoit was jailed earlier this month. Credit: Metropolitan Police

The Met has urged any possible victims of a convicted sex offender to come forward.

58 year-old David Dutoit from Bow was jailed for six years earlier this month after he pleaded guilty to gross indecency with a child, indecent assault on a child, sexual assault and possession of indecent images of children. The offences against his three male victims, two of whom were under 16, took place around fifteen years ago.

Detectives believe he may have committed other offences and are appealing to anyone who has been a victim of Dutoit to contact them. Between 2005 and 2014, he was employed in the Hackney and Tower Hamlets areas teaching young people.

Given what we know about his offending history, it is highly likely that he may have tried to sexually abuse other people. If you are a victim of Dutoit's, or have any information which could assist further investigations into his activities, please contact the police. The victims of Dutoit that we know about put their faith in the police to investigate their claims thoroughly; we have done that and I hope they feel some form of justice has been served. I also hope it will give any other victims the confidence to contact police and report the abuse they have suffered.

– Detective Constable Klementina Balint, Metropolitan Police

Advertisement

Advertisement

Boris not interested in 'staring match' over Tube launch

Boris Johnson urged the unions to keep negotiating Credit: PA Wire

The Mayor of London has said further strike action won't "benefit anyone" as London Underground postponed the launch of the night Tube.

Boris Johnson welcomed the "positive discussions" between LU and the rail unions but said he "wasn't interested" in the service's delayed introduction.

The introduction of night Tube will be a hugely important moment for London and it's right that the positive discussions that are taking place with the unions should continue.

As I've previously made clear, I'm not interested in a staring match over September 12 and I want to see night Tube introduced this autumn.

Agreement on this is in everyone's interests - Londoners, businesses, visitors to our city and the hard-working London Underground staff who are central to making this happen.

Further strike action isn't going to benefit anyone and I'd urge the unions' leadership to keep talking so we can get on and deliver night Tube for London.

– Boris Johnson
Load more updates Back to top