Live news stream
Speed restrictions have been imposed which means Virgin Trains is running an amended timetable.
- To and from Edinburgh/Glasgow Central, no trains are running between Carlisle and Edinburgh / Glasgow Central
- On Manchester services, trains between Crewe and Wilmslow are being delayed because of overhead wire problems
- Trains are being delayed by up to 120 minutes. Passengers may use London Midland services. Tickets will be valid on Friday 6 December if passengers decide not to travel
In addition to the problems out of Euston station, there are also problems at King's Cross. East Coast is advising customers out of King's Cross not to attempt to travel on its services north of Newcastle.
Virgin Trains says it cannot run any trains to and from Scotland because of today's severe weather conditions. In a statement Virgin said:
"We are currently unable to run trains to or from Scotland, due to high winds, and cannot guarantee that we will be able to run them later today. Customers are advised not to attempt to travel. Tickets for travel today (5 December) can be used to travel on Friday 6 December."
Michael Adebolajo told police day after the attack that MI5 could give them his home address as they'd visited him earlier this year.
Police found laptop in defendants' car & material in garage at Adebolajos father's house about Jihad & martyrdom incl by Anwar al-Awlaki.
This is the latest flood map for London and the South East from the Environment Agency, which is warning of the biggest tidal storm surge since the major floods of 1953.
Gales, strong winds, high tides & severe flood warning: Latest weather forecast here
What do the Environment Agency flood warnings mean? Find out here
London glowed orange this morning beneath a picturesque sunrise. Here are some of the best images from around the capital.
Incredible bright pink sunrise on approach to London ... http://t.co/BehOmNmoxf
- Growth forecasts are "significantly up" in the largest improvement at any Budget or Autumn Statement for 14 years, with UK growing faster than any other major economy.
- The state pension will rise by £2.95 a week from next April. People now in their 40s will receive a state pension at 68. Those in their 30s will be 69.
- Financial resources will be provided to fund expansion of free school meals to all school children in reception, year one and year two.
- The fuel duty rise for next year has been cancelled.
- Plans to increase train fares by 1% above inflation has been cancelled.
The jury in the Lee Rigby murder trial has been shown footage of a police interview with Michael Adebolajo in which he said it was "almost as if Allah had chosen" Fusilier Rigby.
Adebolajo can be heard describing what he considered to be the most humane way of killing the soldier, adding, "He may be my enemy but he is a man".