A poll of professionals in London puts job creation in the city as top priority for the next Mayor when they are elected at the end of next week.
- 35% chose employment
- 19% want better transport links
- 19% want more support for entrepeneurs
- 14% chose crime and security
- 12% chose improving infrastructure
Responding to the results, Conservative candidate Boris Johnson said he was going to call on the Government to provide more central funding for investment in the capital.
Labour's Ken Livingston intends to access pension funds to create a house building programme as he claims two-thirds of all the jobs lost in London have been in construction.
The Liberal Democrat candidate Brian Paddick said he would focus on helping out small and medium sized businesses.
LinkedIn questioned 751 adults from the London area for the Huffington Post in an online survey over a seven-day period in April.
The other candidates standing for London Mayor are:
- Jenny Jones (Green Party)
- Lawrence James Webb (Fresh Choice for London)
- Siobhan Benita (Independent)
- Carlos Cortiglia (British National party)
For more information on the elections click here.