LondonBridge is already the capital's oldest station. Soon it will also be thenewest.
The wholebuilding is to be torn down and reconstructed to expand capacity and improvecommuting, taking six years to complete. It will give London Bridge the UK'sbiggest concourse, longer platforms and more entrances.
But the workwill take place while trains and passengers continue to use the station,affecting journeys for the millions of people who use London Bridge every year.To minimise the disruption, work is being carried out in phases, which give youan idea of when and how you'll be affected.
The first phase begins in December, when the timetable for Southern rail's services to and from London Bridge will be altered.
In May 2013 the real work begins, with platforms 14-16 taken out of action, affecting, but not cancelling, dozens of services.
Between December 2014 and 2018 the Thameslink route services will be diverted away from London Bridge.
Between 2015 and 2016 services to Charing Cross won't call at London Bridge.
Between 2016 to 2017 services to Cannon Street won't call at London Bridge either.
By the end of 2018 the project should be finished, allowing passenger numbers to expand from 50 million a year up to around 70 million. Network Rail promise the work will be worth it, but getting to that point will require some difficult journeys along the way
Find out more about the Thameslink project here
A series of information roadshows has begun, so that commuters can find out how their journey will be affected by the Thameslink project. See below to find out when they'll be at your station
- Bedford - Wednesday 7th November (17:00-19:30)
- Brighton - Thursday 1st November (18:00-19:00) Friday 2nd November (07:00 – 09:30)
- Cannon Street - Tuesday 30th October (08:00 – 10:00), Tuesday 6th November (08:00 – 10:00)
- Charing Cross - Tuesday 30th October (08:00 – 10:00), Wednesday 7th November (08:00 – 10:00)
- Greenwich - Thursday 8th November (16:00 – 19:00)
- Harpenden - Thursday 8th November (17:00-19.30)
- London Bridge - Monday 29th October (07:30 – 10:00), Wednesday 31st October (07:30 – 10:00 & 16:30 – 19:00), Monday 5th November (07:30 – 10:00), Thursday 8th November (07.30 - 10.00 & 16.30 - 19.00)
- Luton - Tuesday 30th October (17:00 - 19:30)
- Orpington - Thursday 1st November (16:00 – 19:30)
- Sevenoaks - Wednesday 7th November (16:30 – 19:30)
- St Albans - Monday 29th October (17:00-19:30)
- Three Bridges - Monday 5th November (18:00 – 20:00)Tuesday 6th November (07:00 – 09:30)
- Tonbridge - Wednesday 31st October (17:00 - 19:30)
- Tunbridge Wells - Tuesday 30th October (17:00 - 19:30)