After huge success in 2012, the volunteering charity Join In has announced it wants to to build on the spirit created by the London 2012 volunteers to deliver the biggest summer of volunteering in grassroots sport.
The aim of this year's Join In campaign is for clubs to host events and open days between July 27 and September 9 - a year on from the Olympics and Paralympics - and ask Games Makers plus other potential volunteers to turn up and join in.
Here are some of the other places you can look for volunteering opportunities
- Team London - Team London is the Mayor of London's programme for all Londoners. The aim is to make volunteering easier to do and easier to find out about.
- Do It - YouthNet is the charity behind Do-It. They and their partners in volunteer centres across the country make sure that those who want to volunteer can do so easily and quickly
- Greater London Volunteering - the regional partnership body for volunteering in London
- Timebank - projects designed to tackle social issues, focusing on mentoring and youth-led voluteering
- Volunteering England - committed to supporting, enabling and celebrating volunteering in all its diversity.
- Guardian volunteering jobs - Find the latest volunteering jobs on Guardian Jobs
- NSPCC volunteering - volunteers are the lifeblood of the NSPCC. Giving your time, skills and creativity can make an amazing difference.
- Hands on London - a registered charity, dedicated to community based volunteering. Our mission is to equip, motivate and inspire people to take action that changes the world.
- London Wildlife Trust - Do you want to connect with nature in the capital? There are lots of different ways to get involved with London Wildlife Trust
- St Mungo's - Volunteers at St Mungo's play an important role in supporting our clients and make a huge difference to the range of services we can offer homeless people.
- Great Ormond Street - Volunteer your time and support our fundraising work
- GO London - offers one-off commitment-free environmental volunteering opportunities to fit in with your busy lifestyle
- City of London - As our spaces are charities and at the very heart of communities in and around London, volunteers are a tremendous asset and an invaluable part of what we do.
- Marie Curie - Put your time to good use this March and become a collector for the Great Daffodil Appeal.
London 2012 volunteers, who helped make the Olympics and Paralympics a success, received an email from Join In patron Eddie Izzard urging them to dust off the purple and red uniform and sign up.People are encouraged to visit the website here to find out more about how you can get involved with volunteering in London in 2013
The London 2012 Olympics has inspired 3.4 million people to volunteer, according to a recent survey of UK adults.
The research, carried out by ICM Research for the Community Service Volunteers Make a Difference Day campaign, saw 7 per cent of respondents say that the games have inspired them to volunteer, which when weighted to the UK adult population gives the 3.4 million figure.
Before you start, check out Directgov's guide to volunteers' rights