The Stephen Lawrence murder investigation remains open- twenty years after he was killed.
Detective Chief Inspector Clive Driscoll said that "all avenues remain open" and he and his team will continue to pursue Lawrence's killers.
Last year, Gary Dobson and David Norris were jailed for their roles in Stephen's death.
The eighteen-year-old was was stabbed as he waited for a bus in Eltham, south-east London on April 22 1993.
A group of five or six men set upon the aspiring architect, but none of the other attackers has been brought to justice.
Detective Chief Inspector Clive Driscoll has led the investigation since 2006.
Stephen's mother Doreen said she will not get her hopes up about further developments in the case.
She said: "Where the investigation is concerned I'm always on the outside because it's police work. After 20 years will they manage to get any more evidence? I'll never know.
"There's nothing tangible that I can see. I think at times when you put too much store on someone telling you this, something's happening, you can get yourself in such a state that to be let down again is even worse.
"Even when they were telling me that they thought there was a good chance [with Dobson and Norris] I couldn't believe that.
"Not because I didn't want to, but I think I'd been led down that road before and I didn't want to get my hopes up."
Tomorrow, a poster with a message from Met commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe about the case will be put up at New Scotland Yard.
It reads: "Twenty years ago the Lawrence family lost their loved son, Stephen. We let them down by not catching his murderers. Then last year we finally brought two of his killers to justice. The Met won't forget Stephen Lawrence."