During the Opening Ceremony there were
- There were 7,500 cast members in total
- In the long hours of rehearsals and for the show itself, they donned 57,000 garments
- Around 40,000 recycled plastic water bottles and 10,000 recycled plastic bags were incorporated into the costumes
- The whole thing was filmed by independent production company Done and Dusted
- The opening ceremony lasted just over three hours
Olympic Gold medallists Mo Farah and Usain Bolt swapped actions, as they celebrated their respective wins in the stadium.