Police have released video footage of a lorry driver brushing his teeth and a woman putting on make-up while driving along a busy motorway. It was part of a five day operation by Hampshire and Thames Valley Police to crackdown on bad driving.
A total of 198 motorists were prosecuted, most for being distracted at the wheel.
The operation ran from September 23 - 27, focussing on the M27, M3, A34, M4 and M40 using video filmed by by officers in an HGV cab to give them an elevated vantage point to spot the offences.
LORRY DRIVER CAUGHT BRUSHING TEETH WHILE DRIVING
WOMAN CAUGHT PUTTING ON MAKE-UP WHILE DRIVING
Other offences spotted by police included:
- Two van drivers reading newspapers whilst they drove
- One person reading a map on the steering wheel
- Two drivers using iPads (one on the steering wheel) whilst they drove
- One driver using a laptop
- One van driver seen accessing Facebook on her mobile phone whilst driving
- 126 motorists were using their mobile phones