The Lord Mayor's Show is a parade that is exactly 798 years old.
Every year the newly-elected Lord Mayor leaves the City of London and travels up to the Thames to Westminster to swear loyalty to the Crown.
The new Lord Mayor this year is called Fiona Woolf and is only the second woman to hold office.
**The day will start off with a flotilla. The new Lord Mayor will travel in QRB Gloriana, which is a traditional Thames barge made famous in the Jubilee celebrations. She will be followed by many other boats and barges.
- The timetable:
- 08:35 - Flotilla sets off from Westminster
- 09:00 - Flotilla reaches Waterloo Bridge
- 09:20 - Flotilla reaches London Bridge
- 09:25 - Tower Bridge opens
- 09:35 - Lord Mayor gets off at HMS President, just before St Katherine Docks
The procession will have over 7000 participants, 21 bands, 150 horses, 23 carriages carts and coaches and hundreds of other vehicles.
- 11:00 - The procession will start off at Mansion House.
- 11:27 - Led by the Band of the Scots Guards the procession should arrive at the Royal Courts.
- 13:10 - Return leg of procession begins at Temple Place
- 14:45 - Procession arrives back at Mansion House
**To mark the end of the Lord Mayor's Show and the beginning of the new mayoral year a fireworks display will take place over the river. To get the best view:
- Head to the riverside between Waterloo and Blackfrairs Bridge
- Either on Victoria Embankment or on the South Bank
- All roads and bridges will be closed to traffic so there will be room