Anyone planning on travelling by train this Christmas is being warned to check for disruption on a number of routes in London and the South East caused by planned engineering work.
Thousands of passgeners will face line closures, reduced services and buses replacing trains over Christmas and the New Year. Here are the services affected:
- All services cancelled from Christmas Day to the end of New Year's Day
- The line runs from London's Victoria station to Gatwick Airport. The cancellations are because of engineering at Gatwick station, at Victoria and between Redhill and Purley.
FIRST GREAT WESTERN
- Some trains will not run over the festive period, with bus replacement services operating on some routes
- Engineering work is taking place between Paddington and Slough from December 27 to January 3
- CrossCountry services are being disrupted between Reading and Basingstoke from December 27 to 30
- Passengers will have to use buses instead of trains between Maidenhead and Marlow from December 27 to 29
- Services will also be disrupted from December 29 to January 3 by engineering work between Reading and Didcot Parkway
- Some services disrupted from December 30 to January 1 by engineering work
- No trains will run from or through Gravesend between December 22 and January 5
- Buses will replace the Gravesend trains
- The Gravesend work will also affect Southeastern's high-speed services
- Buses will replace trains on parts of London Overground between December 23 and 27 due to engineering work between Surrey Quays and New Cross Gate/New Cross
SOUTH WEST TRAINS
- Platforms 1-9 will be closed at Waterloo station from December 27 to 29, with disruptions to some services
CHILTERN TRAIN COMPANY
- For the first time will runn some services on Boxing Day
- Its trains will operate for around 12 hours, with the first train northbound from London to Bicester North at 8.15am and the last to Princes Risborough at 6.45pm
- Southbound, the first train will run from High Wycombe to Marylebone station in London at 8.29am and the last will run from Bicester North to Marylebone at 6.57pm
- Track replacement work will take place at at Earl's Court throughout Christmas and New Year
- There will also be part closures on the District and Jubilee lines between December 27 and 30
- On the Northern Line on December 28 and 29, no service between Camden Town and Edgware. Buses operate instead.