LondonLive will launch this evening- the first 24 hour local TV station on the capital's airwaves. It promises to broadcast the best news, sport, culture and entertainment in the capital.
The groundbreaking decision to offer local television licenses in the UK caused a flurry of applications to the Department of Media, Culture and Sport and OFCOM.
LondonLive won the OFCOM contract for the license in 2012, beating off competitors including London8, LondonTV, Made in London and YourTV London.
The new licenses were a tempting offer as they offered a prized spot on TV's Electronic Programme Guide (EPG).
The first local stations launched late last year, but London's offering is the biggest and most ambitious attempt yet.
The channel is financially backed by the London Evening Standard newspaper and Independent owners Alexander Lebedev and his son Evgeny.
Bosses have bought in the rights to popular shows such as Peep Show and Misfits, as well as commissioning new material too.
The channel's first evening will offer viewers:
- 18.30 London Go - The definiteive entertainment show that brings going out in.
- 19.00 Not The One Show - An irreverent, inquisitive and unpredictable view of the day.
- 20.00 Food Junkies - Food busker John Quilter cooks a Banh Mi Baguette, cabbie Joey Bone road tests 3 pie and mash shops and a new foodie pop up launches in Euston.
- 20.30 F2 Kicks Off - Football Freestyle pioneers Jeremy Lynch and Billy Wingrove take their skills to the streets, amazing Londoners with a mixture of incredible tricks, stunts & challenges.
- 21:00 Alex Zane: Funny Rotten Scoundrels - Alex Zane introduces the very best of new stand up from the Funny Rotten Scoundrels comedy night at London's Century Club.
- 22.00 - Misfits Series 1
On Freeview and YouView LondonLive can be found on channel 8, on Sky 117 and Virgin 159.