A planned strike by London Underground staff which had threatened to 'shut down' the tube over the bank holiday has been cancelled.But as usual, the bank holiday sees a range of engineering and road works, so check to make sure your weekend won't be dogged by delays.
- Contraflow and major roadworks on M1 Luton Spur in both directions between J10A A1081 and M1 J10 - diversions will be in place
- Narrow lanes and speed restriction of 50mph on M25 in both directions between J25 A10 and J27 M11
- Industrial action by RMT members on Heathrow Connect on Bank Holiday Monday 26th May - check before you travel
- Southern trains - service suspended between London Bridge and Norwood Junction, between London Bridge and Tulse Hill, and between London Bridge and Crystal Palace due to engineering works throughout the Bank Holiday weekend. Bus replacement service
- No service on First Capital Connect between Moorgate and Finsbury Park on 26th May.
- Service suspended on First Capital Connect between Blackfriars and West Hampstead Thameslink due to engineering works on 25th May. London Underground are accepting tickets for reasonable routes. There is no cross-London service all day on Sunday. Buses run between Central London and Kentish Town, and passengers should use London Underground services to cross London.
- London Overground - Service suspended on London Overground between Highbury and Islington and New Cross, between Highbury and Islington and New Cross Gate, between Highbury and Islington and Clapham Junction and between Sydenham and Crystal Palace due to engineering works. Service suspended throughout the Bank Holiday weekend. Replacement buses.
- London Overground - Service suspended on London Overground between London Euston and Watford Junction due to engineering works. Service suspended on Sunday before 08:30. Replacement buses run. After 08:30, service resumes between Euston and Queens Park only.
- South West Trains - Service suspended between Richmond and Feltham, and between Richmond and Strawberry Hill due to engineering works. No trains run throughout the Bank Holiday weekend. Buses run between Richmond and Hounslow / Teddington, with some trains diverting via Hounslow and others diverting onto the Shepperton branch.
- Service suspended on Jubilee Line between Finchley Road and Waterloo due to engineering works, until 11am on Sunday 25th May.
- Service suspended on District Line between Upminster and Aldgate East due to engineering works - from 24th to 26th May
- Service suspended on Hammersmith And City Line between Barking and Moorgate due to engineering works - all Bank Holiday weekend - replacement bus service.
- Trains are exit only on Piccadilly Line Westbound at Covent Garden.
- Trains not stopping on Piccadilly Line at Gloucester Road due to engineering works. Piccadilly Line trains won't stop at Gloucester Road from Saturday 24th May until Saturday 13th December. Circle and District Line trains will still stop as normal
Bus and Tram
- Service suspended on London Tramlink between Addiscombe and Elmers End, and between Addiscombe and Beckenham Junction due to engineering works. Tickets being accepted on local buses, London Overground and Southern services. Service suspended from Saturday 24th May until Sunday 1st June.