Seven premature babies are being treated for blood poisoning at hospitals in London following the death of an infant.
The baby died in the neo-natal intensive care unit at St Thomas' Hospital on Sunday after being infected by a contaminated drip.
Public Health England, part of the Department of Health, has linked the contamination to batches of intravenous liquid made in north London.
The product, called parenteral nutrition, is made by ITH Pharma at Park Royal. Managing director, Karen Hamling, said in the company was very saddened to hear about the death of a baby.
The products in question, which are no longer in circulation, are made to order for individual patients on a daily basis, in response to bespoke orders from hospitals.
Two other babies at St Thomas's are being treated with antibiotics, along with four at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital and a seventh infant who became infected at Whittington Hospital in Islington.