Motorists are to face a 20mph speed limit on some of London's busiest main roads.
Transport for London plans to pilot reduced speed limits on eight key routes including Westminster Bridge.
The first 20mph zone will appear in Commercial Street in Tower Hamlets next month.
TfL claimed the experiment would cut road casualties and improve the quality of life for local residents.
Additional 20mph zones are expected to appear on:
- Upper Street and Holloway Road (between Pentonville Road and Seven Sisters Road)
- Westminster Bridge, Stamford Street and Southwark St (between Victoria Embankment and Borough High Street - this trial would also incorporate the previous 20mph trial at Waterloo Roundabout)
- Brixton Town Centre (between St Matthews Road and Stockwell Park Walk)
- Clapham High Street (between Clapham Park Road and Bedford Road, which forms part of Cycle Superhighway 7)
- Earls Court Road and Redcliffe Gardens (between A4 Cromwell Road and Fulham Road)
- Kings Cross Road and Farringdon Road (between Pentonville Road and Charterhouse Road, linking up with the previous 20mph trial along Farringdon St and Blackfriars Bridge)
- Camden Street (between Camden Road and Crowndale Road)