London is a hub for modern slavery in the UK, according to a new report.
Charity, Hestia, which works to combat modern day slavery, says there are currently enough victims to fill three Piccadilly line trains at any one time.
Figures also suggest the problem is growing, with Hestia already supporting more people in 2017 than it did in 2016.
- 81% of victims of modern slavery in London are women, compared to national average of 51%
- Two thirds of all victims were forced into prostitution, compared to almost half nationally
- 81% of victims in London are female, compared to a national average 51%
- 91% of victims presented mental health symptoms ranging from suicidal thoughts, PTSD, anxiety and depression
- 54% of victims had thought about harming themselves