Sculpture in the City, the City of London’s annual public art programme set amongst iconic architectural landmarks has announced the 18 artworks which will make up this year’s outdoor sculpture park in the Square Mile.
Launching on 27 June, the exhibition will include works from internationally renowned artists including Sarah Lucas, Thomas J Price, Sean Scully and Nancy Rubins while also introducing three new commissioned works.
The artworks will be displayed close to some of the City’s most famous buildings, including 30 St Mary Axe (‘the Gherkin), The Leadenhall Building (the ‘Cheesegrater’), as well as new locations for this, including historic corners of the City, Heneage Lane and Hartsthorn Alley.
Full list of 2018 artworks:
- Marina Abramovic, Tree
- David Annesley, Untitled
- Shaun C Badham, I’M STAYING
- Miroslaw Balka, The Great Escape
- Jyll Bradley, Opening the Air
- Tracey Emin CBE RA, Your Lips Moved Across My Face
- Clare Jarrett, Sari Garden
- Juliana Cerqueira Leite, Climb
- Gabriel Lester, The Adventurer
- Sarah Lucas, Perceval
- Amanda Lwin, A Worldwide web of Somewheres
- Jean-Luc Moulène, Body
- Michail Pirgelis, UNIVRS
- Thomas J Price, Numen (Shifting Votive) One, Two and Three
- Richard Rome (RBS), Pepper Rock
- Nancy Rubins, Corcodylius Philodendrus
- Sean Scully RA, Stack Blues
- Karen Tang, Synapsid